Saturday, January 28, 2012

Birthday weekend in Solvang, CA





These are pictures taken with my phone from a recent trip of wine tasting and shopping to Solvang, CA. Such a cute town with scenic drives to vineyards nearby. The first two images are actually from Wiki just to show better pictures of what this town looks like during the day.














                      From my Iphone...









  As we were driving to a vineyard we randomly drove past this chapel. I had to take a picture, such a storybook Country Chapel.













                                      Saint Ines Mission- very beautiful



























               Old Cemetery. Reading about the history made it even more interesting.











































































                                                        One of my favorite shots






As you can see, the Courtyard area is beautiful. The weather was gorgeous that day so it added to the beauty.






    On to what I found shopping wise...I have been in such an accessory mood lately, more than ever. Accessories are great. You can use them over and over. Unlike clothing, you don't really have to worry about accessories getting stained or not fitting right. What I am saying is, accessories are fun and easy! If you want to buy a gift for someone who maybe doesn't seem like much of a shopper or who is the type of person who doesn't like trying on clothes- I recommend finding them some cute accessories. Some that can be worn daily and then some random fun pieces. I found a bracelet and several rings.









The bracelet and rings are from different shops throughout the main shopping area. All were for great prices!



 








 


















This display is obviously getting overwhelmed...








     Something about this elephant ring. I love the red back and the red rhinestones. So charming.




Bracelet again.





And that is that...I recommend visiting Solvang if you have the opportunity. It was a nice change from trips to LA or the Bay area.