Saturday, October 30, 2010

Project Runway angers me once again

Just like last season, this year's winner was the bitchy girl who you knew would make it to the top 5, but saw no way of her making it to fashion week. Or at least I didn't. I was at a loss for words when I realized my biggest worry of the evening was coming true- sweet, cute Little Mondo was runner up to know it all Gretchen. Yes, GRETCHEN won.

What really gets me is, things that the judges end up kicking other contestants off for - like telling Michael he used the same colors over and over again, making his clothes look the same., are things current contestants get away with.All of Gretchen's designs can be summed up in one word for me: 70's.  If you are wanting to dress like a Bohemian chick from the 70's, then yes, Gretchen has some things for you. But that's ALL she has.

The judges said she is always "right on trend". No comment on that.

At least Heidi and Jessica Simpson were in agreement that Mondo was the true winner, but Nina Garcia and Michael Kors got their way and so Gretchen was crowned.  

In honor of my favorite Project Runway contestant, Mondo, here are just a few pictures of some of my favorite looks of his. He is amazing with patterns and bold colors! There is no designer who produces anything close to his fun, yet wearable work.



 I sincerely hope to see work from both Mondo and Andy in the future.