Saturday, April 16, 2011

Pretty nails make life a little better



I know  minx nails aren't exactly anything new, but I tried them for the first time last week. For those of you who are not familiar with minx nails- to put it simply, they have a heat activated adhesive back which allows you to shape the piece to your nail accordingly. Many people then use tiny scissors to cut off access pieces. I had mine done at the salon and was surprised at how long it took! I thought "hey they are just stickers, it probably takes 15 minutes to slap them on."  No no no. My manicurist was very precise with the shaping and cutting of each sticker to the shape of my nail. It took her about an hour and twenty minutes, which is too long for me. I do love these nails though!







     The minx only last 1 - 2 weeks. Do not be confused by sticker nails you see at places like Sephora. They are sticker nails, not heat activated- they will only last you the night. (The package says 1-2 days, maybe I am just terrible at putting them on, but I have heard many other girls say the same thing) Minx is it's own brand, available at most salons. For a list of salons that carry Minx, see the link below:

                                                                          http://www.minxnails.com/salonlocator/










 I had seen minx a long time ago- I just thought it was really, really, shiny nail polish though. Now I understand what they are ;). The shine factor is definitely what I love the most about minx. The average price for a minx mani is $35.00









                  Lady Gaga with gold Minx