Saturday, June 25, 2011

Gone with the Wind - 75th anniversary

This week marks the 75th anniversary of when  Gone with the Wind was first published. Not long after, it was made into a film. I went my first 23 years of life never seeing Gone with the Wind; it just didn't appeal to me. It wasn't until I saw my mother watching it, I walked into the room and saw these gorgeous costumes fill the screen. I immediately wanted to watch the movie just for the costumes alone.


To this date, Gone with the Wind is definitely my favorite film for when it comes to costumes. Talk about bold fashion- and this movie was made in the late 1930's, mind you, so the fact that the costumes were done so beautifully - way back then- still blows my mind. The costume piece I love the most is the green and white dress Scarlett wears to the barbeque party, so the dress is now known as the barbeque dress.







These pictures absolutely do not do the costumes justice; they look amazing on the big screen. Anyways, this is my small tribute to Gone with the Wind in honor of the anniversary. Yes, a great storyline, but I adore this film for its legendary costumes. Below are more pictures of costumes from the film I enjoy.

















The lace shawl she is wearing is stunning







I love the dress she is wearing in this scene but could not find a full body shot.